best display for under $350.00

Reaction score
I'm going to be buying a mac pro very soon, and I was wondering what's the best display I could get for around 350.00... im a video editor so size matters, and I wanted to use the display to play xbox 360 and watch dvds as well... I saw some good prices on 26 inch HD TVs at this store by my house, could I do with that or do I HAVE TO USE a computer display?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
You say size matters, but do you want a large physical area or a high pixel count? TVs have significantly lower numbers of pixels than computer displays (because computer displays are used closer to you than TVs). Someone else might know more about whether or not it will even work. I think it will.

OP
B
Reaction score
Size matters in that I need large screen area and also a large number of pixels.. I decided to go with a monitor display, so now I just need to find the best one under 350.00 .... samsung has some nice 22 inch models.. can anyone suggest a specific one in my price range?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'm not sure about pricing, but I will tell you that from time to time I use a 42" Phillips HDTV as an external monitor for my MacBook, and it looks fantastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I didn't like the Samsung at all. A TV won't be a good idea at all.
I purchased a NEC 20" monitor. It has a high resolution, the highest I've seen in a 20". One thing you need to be careful of is a cheap 22" monitor. It may be 2" bigger than the 20" but it has the same resolution which means the pixels are larger so it doesnt look as clean.
I will add more later, i am tired of typing on my phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I use a Samsung 22" LCD, just got it... it's great. Pretty cheap, too... got it for around $280 after rebates.

If you're going to be doing any type of photo editing/manipulation and will heavily need to rely on color management, you won't find a decent LCD for less than 350.

OP
B
Reaction score
yeah I'm going to be using the display mainly for video/graphics/3d editing with my mac and playing xbox 360... if theyr are no good models for under 350. what can you suggest in general? I mean Id like to keep it under 500 definitely, since it looks like It'd be better for me to save up a little more anyway. BTW thanks for the responses you guys I really appreciate it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.