Sharing files over network?

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone please tell me how to go about sharing files over a wifi (Apple Extreme Airport) network? I have my MacBook and a Dell PC networked on the wifi. The Dell is via Ethernet, the Mac is wifi. I think there is a way - please tell me if I am wrong - that I can place a file in a special folder on my Mac so that way I can go on the Dell and look view the file there, via the network? Is this correct? How do I set this up? What folder do I place it in? Please, any information will help us, we're desperate. Thanks, and have a good night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Go up to the apple and then system prefs, go to sharing and then select windows file sharing and turn it on. This will allow you to share your files with a windows network.

If you want to share specific directories or hard disks, folders and the like, download this little gem called, Sharepoints.

OP
B
Reaction score
hi,
Could you tell me where to put the files on my mac, and on my pc, and where they end up. Like, if I put it in x folder on my mac where on my pc will it end up? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
hi,
Could you tell me where to put the files on my mac, and on my pc, and where they end up. Like, if I put it in x folder on my mac where on my pc will it end up? Thanks.

put the files in the 'public' folder on the mac, then you should connect to the mac through an ip address for example '192.168.0.1'
then you would save the files in the appropriate place, i reccomend my recieve files or a seperate folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.