Wireless Mouse wont Scroll Up?

Reaction score
Can anyone help me. I have the Apple Wireless mouse and its acting up on me. The scroll wheel allows me to scroll down on webpages but wont let me scroll back up. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this annoying little problem. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It's dirty.... Turn it upside-down and blow into it while clicking and spinning the scroll ball.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac 17" 1GB RAM
Hey there, I'm assuming you've had the mouse for a while? After about 1.5 years of use my mighty mouse started doing the same.

It probably needs cleaning. I took mine apart to clean it (not recommended as it involves glue to put it back together) which seemed to work fine, but a lot of people have been using rubbing alcohol to get the muck out.

I think I recall someone saying holding the mouse upside down, using a little bit of rubbing alcohol while pressing down hard on the scroll wheel and rolling it around does the trick. Might need to repeat the process once or twice to get it back to its former glory though ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I usually just turn mine over and rub the wheel on my shirt or some lint-free cloth. Works like a charm. A damp cloth can help if it's more stubborn.

Before cracking it open, I would check to see if it's covered under warranty and just have the local Apple store replace it. Remember you might be covered under Apple Care. Since I bought my MM the same time as my MBP with Apple Care, mine is covered for three years right along with the MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.