Help Please! (airport extreme)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm
Hey guys...been looking on here for a while but this is my first post. I am impatiently waiting for my Macbook Pro (and first Mac) to come this week!

Anyway, I bought the Airport Extreme yesterday and it appears to be working fine, except I cannot get on the internet on my Toshiba laptop.
And now, it will not let me access AirPort Utility. It keeps giving me an error and telling me to make sure my network connection is valid. The internet on my home PC is working great and the airport extreme is lit up to bright green.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
is airport utility on the laptop or on the home pc? if it is on the laptop try connecting it to the router with a cable and see if you can get into AirPort utility. This is just a guess as i set mine up this weekend with out a problem but when ever i made a change i used a cable not wireless

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm
It's currently on my home PC ...do you think I should try installing it on my laptop and just see what happens? I've currently uninstalled everything on the home PC and put my old netgear router back up until I figure this out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.