Thinking of another Mac

Reaction score
I attempted to make the switch a while back, and I took the comp back after just a day or so. Well, my HP laptop finally died on me so I'm in the market for another laptop.

What I used my PC for:

1. Net Surfing
2. Downloading my favorite TV Shows and Movies. Sometimes converting and burning to DVD.
3. I didn't game ALOT, but I occasionally played WOW.
4. I have a ton of photos that I'd like to keep with me. (Military Deployments gotta have the family with you)

Which laptop would you recommend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Midrange Macbook. Portable, plays WoW, fast, sexy, built-in stuff, affordable. Runs Windows too, if you're into that. Upgrade it later to 2gig of RAM.

Macbook pro too big, more $$$'s.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i second the mid range macbook.
it's exactly what i have. wow playes fine on it.
seems perfect for what you want.

OP
Reaction score
How well do you guys deal with the 13" screen? My HP was a 17" widescreen.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The 13" wide screen is a bit larger than a non wide screen but if you really need 17" then the MBP would be for you.

OP
Reaction score
The 13" wide screen is a bit larger than a non wide screen but if you really need 17" then the MBP would be for you.

I think that I'll more than likely go with the 15" again. I also plan on running Parallels so that I can use some Windows apps that don't have Mac equivalents. This was probably my main reason for not making the switch entirely the last time I purchased the MBP.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Look at vmware's Fusion before you buy Parallels. Do you like software that is 1) less expensive and 2) better (faster, more stable)? Fusion is for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.