Replacing the batt?

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the batt in their iPod? I've heard that play times last twice as long with aftermarket batteries, and read times are even sometimes quicker. :Smirk: I'm only afraid I'll scratch or break something, it's so shiny. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've replaced the batteries in my Gen 1, Gen 2 and my wife's Gen 3. Piece of cake, takes maybe 10 min tops. It's easy even if you are only slightly mechanically inclined. You can buy after-market batteries that will give you significantly more life. The better battery sellers include tools and instructions so you don't scratch your iPod while opening it or muck things up inside once it's open.

I recommend PDA-Smart.com.

Reaction score
Yea taking apart a ipod is very simple i never replaced a battery but even depending on your ipod you only really need is a tiny flat head but it semi bends the casing. I would recommend tools cheap!! to

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.