Battery calibration... with a twist

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
I'm aware that there are a number of threads floating around about this, but I have a slightly different twist, I think.

I have two batteries. Will the calibration be retained after the battery is removed to switch to the other one?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
it is reccomended that if you have two batteries for the same laptop and obviously only use one at a time that you leave the spare one charged at around 50% as empty is no good and full will reduce the time it holds the charge - or thats what i heard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
As long as you use both batteries regularly, I personally don't see any problems. As christm mentioned, you need to leave your battery at around 40% charged if you are storing the battery.

I assume you have two batteries because you are always on the go. If you use both batteries everyday then you will be fine.

Apple recommends using your computer on battery power a little everyday to keep the electrons or ions or something on those lines moving.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
I suspect they recommend that so they can sell you a new battery sooner :p

I bought the second battery basically as a "just in case" measure; this thing rarely gets unplugged as I never go anywhere :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I bought the second battery basically as a "just in case" measure; this thing rarely gets unplugged as I never go anywhere :p

Then you should just leave it half charged.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
I understand that; what I'm trying to find out is if, after the batteries are swapped (which they will be, on occasion), the battery that was removed will need to be recalibrated AFTER it's reinstalled.

Reaction score
Negatory. The battery calibration is in the on-board battery electronics. You're fine :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.