Deleted some important file... Applications folder is gone with content!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 1.9, 1, 160
Hello all,

hopefully someone will be able to help me on this, but I fear I've done something seriously dumb... And irreversible!

Anyways I instal something called "Episode Engine Pro 4.3.2" in my applications folder and it installed a bunch of things I was unsure about. On the disc image was this file called uninstall.command which opened through the terminal. It said something about potentially deleting important files, I figured it would only delete what I had just installed.... but no

Now my applications folders now appears empty, there is quite a fee Gb more free space on my disc and when I click on the applications folder it says Volume not found.

There's nothing that I can't find again on this but it would be quite a pain and take lots of time.

Anyone has an idea what I could do?

By the way I have no apps left whatsoever, no even terminal or disk utility. On top of that my install cds are in another town but I will get one on monday.

Finally my system is Imac G5 1.9 with Tiger 10.4.10 installed. But obviously this is a human error... although I'm surprised that such an amount of material could be deleted in about 5 seconds!

Thanks for reading, hope you can help!

F

Reaction score
Unless they are in the Trash, you will need to reinstall the Applications from the Mac OS X CD. You could try a Permissions repair from the Disk Utility to at least restore the Applications folder but not sure about the contents...

Do a search for .pkg files (probably in \System or \Library somewhere), and you might find some files where you could reinstall some apps from your HD.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 1.9, 1, 160
Well it seems there are some files in the .pkg format that could be of some use but I can't even open these. Guess I'll just format everything and start on a empty plate... a pity!

Thanks anyhow PJhutch, you're the only one to answer me on two different forums...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.