• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Macworld rip off...not me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.2ghz/4TB/16GBram - Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz Intel 2 duo core/4GBram/750GB
I've been a faithful subscriber to Macworld since 99'. So when a renewal notification letter arrived stating this was my last issue before expiration of the subscription, I thought I'd take a break and not renew for $30 something bucks, and see if I miss the ever thinning magazine, which used to be filled with informative articles. By the way, who the **** is Andy Ihnatko? His articles stink, it seems like he's trying to impress the editor with fancy smancy words and semantics, instead of giving us the skinny. Bite me. Anyway, a few months went by and I started to wonder what I was missing. So upon resigning up with Macworld, I only payed $19.97, and saved a bunch.

Why is the renewal more expensive than a new signer upper? I want a refund for the last 2 renewals! What up wit dat? Hey renewal people, don't pay it!!! :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I just signed up for the first time (just bought a Mac) and it was only $19.97 also. I followed a link that was on the .Mac page that was advertising that lower price for new subscriptions.

rberry88

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah MacAddict is the best :)

OP
Bmode
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.2ghz/4TB/16GBram - Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz Intel 2 duo core/4GBram/750GB
What does MacAddict offer that MacWorld doesn't, because I'm kinda leaning that way now.

Nice avatar by the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
For one they are quite a humurous magazine, so you'll really enjoy reading it, they have great reviews, great hints and tips.. this last one that I read.. today actually, it was on 50 Panther bugs and how to squash them. They have a great writer staff and seriously all the articles are fun and enjoyable.

C

CaptainMack

i agree. they dont really have any boring aricles. whenever i get the new mac addict i usualy finnish it thet day, reading every single article. my neighbor recently gave me a collection of old mac addicts (about 45). and i have read them all.

P

pcjabber

Agreed. Addict is awesome! If you are unsure, pick up a copy at a newsstand and pay the $5 for it. It comes with a coverdisc (even with the $24 sub -- either pick up a card in the mag that says "Your Cost $24" or call 1-888-771-6222 and ask the rep for the subscription with promo code JMT4SD1AY or JMT4SW1AY (no difference -- $24 for 12 issues & 12 coverdiscs plus "the MacAddict Ultimate How-To Collection". Note: offer good in USA only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.