• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So what's the deal Apple????

Reaction score
It's smack-dab in the middle of September, the 15th. Leopard is SUPPOSED to be out NEXT MONTH.

Yet, I haven't seen any release date for Leopard or ANYTHING.

Leopard HAS TO BE AT LEAST CLOSE TO being “gold” now.

So Apple, WHAT'S THE DEAL??????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 24 Extreme - 500 Gig HD - 4 Gigs Ram
My guess it will be 10/5 for the 10.5 version release - Just to good to miss.

OP
S
Reaction score

I doubt it. I would think if it's that early in the month that Apple would announce that already.

I hope that you're right though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
What does this mean exactly? Apple HAS been coming out with new things. iMac, iLife, iWork, and iPod.

Sorry, your explanation makes no sense to me.

What he's saying is that Apple doesn't announce their releases. They just release them most of the time. That's why nobody knew about the new iMacs until their release date. He wasn't saying that Apple never releases anything new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What does this mean exactly? Apple HAS been coming out with new things. iMac, iLife, iWork, and iPod.

They don't publicly announce a release date. When it comes out, it will come out and nobody (outside of Apple) will know when that is until that day comes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
What he's saying is that Apple doesn't announce their releases. They just release them most of the time. That's why nobody knew about the new iMacs until their release date. He wasn't saying that Apple never releases anything new.

They don't publicly announce a release date. When it comes out, it will come out and nobody (outside of Apple) will know when that is until that day comes.

Looks like we posted at the same time DB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Companies who publish a specific release date almost always are asking for trouble. They say it will "come out in October" to help them work out all of the shipping errors and make sure that the software is ready to sell at their retailers before they give any kind of real date for it.

So expect an announcement like they always do with their products...sometime near the end of October. We all know when it's due out...so just CHILL and wait til it's release. It's just a piece of software, and your life does not depend on it.

(If it does, you really should seek help. :) )

OP
S
Reaction score
Companies who publish a specific release date almost always are asking for trouble. They say it will "come out in October" to help them work out all of the shipping errors and make sure that the software is ready to sell at their retailers before they give any kind of real date for it.

So expect an announcement like they always do with their products...sometime near the end of October. We all know when it's due out...so just CHILL and wait til it's release. It's just a piece of software, and your life does not depend on it.

(If it does, you really should seek help. :) )

I verbally can't speak. Thus Alex will help me MUCH!

Should I seek help now old perfect one? :Angry-Tongue:

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Hall/1697/Index.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

iMac, iLife, iWork and new iPods were not pre-announced by Apple.

It's not complicated - Apple rarely pre-announce anything (the iPhone is an ovbious example of when they do). You'll know when Leopard is out because they'll tell you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually, didn't they pre-announce both Panther and Tiger by quite some time?

At least I remember big countdown clocks on apple.com as well as 'Tiger nights' in stores the day Tiger was released...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

10/5 is a friday, so I highly doubt that date.

OP
S
Reaction score
Lol, he's got you there :D

I guess software is a great deal more important to some people than you might initially think.

You're exactly right Craig.

So don't dismiss something just because it's unimportant to you. It might be VERY IMPORTANT to others!

OP
S
Reaction score
Actually, didn't they pre-announce both Panther and Tiger by quite some time?

At least I remember big countdown clocks on apple.com as well as 'Tiger nights' in stores the day Tiger was released...

That's what I'm thinking.

I find it hard to believe let's say on Halloween day Apple just says on their site, “Oh, by the way Leopard is now out.”

I mean I would think Apple would announce the release of Leopard weeks before just to get some excitement going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
It might be a Special Event like the iPod release was, announced a couple of weeks beforehand.

Basically, they'll release it when they're ready. ;)

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
there was some serious ownage in this thread.

steveamundo, i took a minute to read your site. props to you for overcoming major disadvantages and challenges. i hope you continue to do big things.
bowdownflip.gif

also, surely there will be some hype prior to 10.5's release. i don't think you'll just walk into the store and see it on the shelf. i'm out of the loop these days as to what is going on with apple, but i'm willing to bet that 10.5 was put on the backburner as things like the iphone and the new ipods are much more important for apple in the business sense.

Reaction score
It's out when it's out - deal with it. Should Apple call you at home, or on your mobile, to notify you of the date?...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I was mostly referencing an un-useful need (you know, like those people addicted to world of warcrack, who B&M until the new patch comes out ;) ), not those who want to use the special parts of the new software to communicate. However, if you took offense to that, I apologize. I was not dismissing your want of the software...I was dismissing the way it was vocalized. Had you mentioned prior to that that you were looking forward to Alex, and couldn't wait for it, I would have saved the smart-aleck remark...or at least better phrased it. :)

Yes, there are services that some folks will need...but shouting at the wind, pounding on a brick wall, and railing Apple for not giving you an exact release date for a product that you really want to release now, isn't going to make it happen any faster. They said October...ergo, unless they tell us otherwise, I would expect it at the end of the month. That way you don't get your hopes up for an earlier date, and if it releases early, hooray, everyone wins! (well except those PC folks ;) )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.