iPod Touch: Having a hard time disconnecting connector from iPod touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
Okay, I'll admit to being an idiot, or maybe just being to careful. I could have sworn my old ipod sync connector had two buttons on the side of it you would have to press for it to disconnect from the iPod itself. Just got my iPod touch no more than half an hour ago and plugged it in to my MBP to charge. I tried disconnecting the cable from the ipod touch, and I see no buttons to release the hooks that hold it in place. I gently moved the connector left and right while slowly pulling it off the ipod touch and it came out. Is this the proper way to disconnect the ipod touch from the sync cable? I apologize for being an idiot in advance ;D , but any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
If it's the same one that the iPhone has, I just pull it straight out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Unfortunately, Apple has decided to start using these half-size dock connectors instead of the previous full size ones. So there are no longer any buttons on the side. Which means yes, you just yank it out. Yes, it unnerves me too. Which is why I'm glad Apple threw in a dock for the iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.