Home Screen on iPhone/iPod Touch??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
I don't have an iPhone, but I really like the iPod Touch and i'm about to get one shortly. from playing with the iphone at the store, and watching the videos on the apple site, i haven't seen anything that shows how to add shortcuts to the home screen. there's a big empty all over the ipod touch screen, and i could think of a few useful links to put up there. i'm mostly buying this for a business tool for the audio and the wi-fi, (ooh... i just thought of how i could use the video... rock on!! more profits!) sorry... drifted off.

so can you add links or anything to the main screen? i know it's only one or two more clicks to get somewhere, but that instant touch would be AMAZINGLY AWESOMELY effective!! either way i'm still buying one:D

Reaction score
i dont think you can but i just got my touch and its charging now so i can try in a bit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
So far, no, not on the iPhone at least.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The only thing you can add are third-party applications. You can't put things like a URL or a link to your Contacts.

OP
DaYCEnt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
nuts... i'm looking at the Map button on the iphone, and the weather button... and a few other business url's that would be nice to bounce to quickly from the main screen while travelling. any way to code it into there? dumb question, i can't even write applescript...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Oh, you're talking about the Touch now. In that case, disregard my third-party applications comment...for now.

Unfortunately, the Touch doesn't come with a Weather app or Google Maps, which is why you can't see them on the Home screen. However, the operating system looks to be nearly identical to that of the iPhone, so I can imagine the apps being ported over in no time.

Sorry, can't help you with the programming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.