Drawing My Own Photoshop Brushes. How

Reaction score
I like to draw my own Photoshop brushes. And, I have tried everything from using, sharpie, a pen, a very inky pen, but every time I scan it, it just comes out ugly. It isn't smooth, and it looks like I used pencil or something. I have been other people that say they draw their brushes, and the ones they do come out smooth, and they actually look like brushes. Hence for the visit free templates can anyone guide me on how to make my brushes look like actual brushes I got from elsewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
depends on your scanner, the settings you use for your scanner and what processing you do after scanning.

In my experience, Epson and Agfa scanners are amongst the best. Others don't have great scanner software, or have dodgy mechanisms that break quickly.

What kind of scanner do you have, what settings are you using, what res are you scanning at, and what (if anything) do you do to your image afterwards? Do you know about using curves in photoshop?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.