Does the Iphone 3g internet built in?

Reaction score
I am hearing conflicting reports of the iphone's internet capabilities are. I hear that the Iphone only needs a firmware upgrade to be 3g while on other websites I am hearing that they're making a 3g capable Iphone. I don't who to listen to. There is no point in getting an Iphone for internet use when an internet page takes up to a minuite to load. If it does have it then I'll get it, if i don't then I'll wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Currently, there is no 3g on the iPhone. Only EDGE or Wi-Fi.

OP
D
Reaction score
Currently, there is no 3g on the iPhone. Only EDGE or Wi-Fi.
So there is no firmware update that will activate because the hardware isn't there? How slow is the internet on the Iphone? When is the 3g version of the iphne coming out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Is it just me, or does the Search button simply serve an aesthetic purpose for new members?

To answer you questions. No, a firmware update will not magically add 3G as the hardware is not there. When using the iPhone with Wi-Fi, speeds are great. EDGE speeds are pretty decent, though don't expect graphics-heavy pages to load very quickly. Text based pages and iPhone specific pages load real quick via EDGE. Your best bet would be to use mobile versions of websites with EDGE. And finally, nobody knows when a 3G capable iPhone is coming out.

OP
D
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the Search button simply serve an aesthetic purpose for new members?

To answer you questions. No, a firmware update will not magically add 3G as the hardware is not there. When using the iPhone with Wi-Fi, speeds are great. EDGE speeds are pretty decent, though don't expect graphics-heavy pages to load very quickly. Text based pages and iPhone specific pages load real quick via EDGE. Your best bet would be to use mobile versions of websites with EDGE. And finally, nobody knows when a 3G capable iPhone is coming out.

Thank you for answering anyways.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.