• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm in Heaven :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
My new 24" Dell LCD monitor just arrived today...all I can say is WOW. I'm upgrading from a 20" Dell LCD monitor, which was wonderful as well, but I wanted something a bit bigger for doing graphics and print layout work. I played with the 30" monitors at the Apple Store, but they just seemed too big...I didn't like having to turn my head to see the edges of the screen. I'm on my computer 12 to 14 hours a day between work and school and just looking at it gave me neckstrain, lol. So after demoing the 24" at a friend's place I decided it was the right monitor for me. I think I've achieved computer perfection...this seems to have cured my upgrade-itis. I'm currently running a 2.2" 15" MacBook Pro which is more than powerful enough to run everything I throw at it (I don't use it for gaming). That coupled with a Griffin Elevator stand and my new monitor has made me one very happy Mac user!

Gosh, now I'm going to have to actually do something with my computer instead of just shopping around for parts and good deals ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
nice buy ! i've heard dell displays r very nice.

congrats

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
nice buy ! i've heard dell displays r very nice.

congrats

Yeah they're a good bit cheaper than Apple displays, too - my 24" Dell was $300 cheaper than the 23" Apple, plus it has a bunch more features:

-Lots of adjustments (tilt, swivel, height adjustable)
-Rotation (portrait mode)
-VESA mount compatible (I have an LCD arm)
-Tons of inputs: Composite, S-Video, Component, VGA, and DVI with HDCP
-4-port USB hub
-Integrated card reader (9 types)
-Better contrast ratio (1000:1 vs. 700:1)
-Better response time (6ms vs. 14ms)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
dell makes nice displays i've heard.

Yeah pretty nice! I jumped on this one because it's the new "-HC" for high color, supposed to have great color for doing graphics. Plus the price was much cheaper than Apple's option :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
This is my set up 24" Acer in the middle 2 22" dells on either side. The Dell monitors are a lot better than I expected. I got a great deal from dell with my Military discount.
Photo0014.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality I took this with my cell phone in poor light.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Very nice. I have a 19" widescreen Dell LCD on my computer at work - I can share your love of them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Tempting, but I like to have my LCD on an arm, and most arms won't support a monitor that big. The one I have can barely hold up my 22" Dell monitor.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Tempting, but I like to have my LCD on an arm, and most arms won't support a monitor that big. The one I have can barely hold up my 22" Dell monitor.

This one weighs in at exactly 20 pounds, so it will work fine if you have an Ergotron arm, which is what I have. It's at the upper limit so you'll have to adjust the tension, that's all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.