Any REAL solutions for Skype on iPhone?

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed or posted somewhere before, i tried searching...

Anyways im wondering if anyone know of any real apps developed for the iphone for skype. I've tried the safari solutions, while they work well for the IM, they really suck in terms of voice calls......because it still end up costing minutes when they issue a call back on the phone. Thats stupid... why would anyone want that anyways... stupid stupid stupid. Im using a prepaid sim through airvoice atm on my iphone, and def dont wanna waste minutes when im at my house with wifi, so im definitely waiting for a true VIOP service. (im currently subscribed to skype's one year unlimited plan so it would go really well with this.)

So anyone know of anything? if not a real app, but perhaps a web solution that actually calls through the web to the second person instead of calling me back and costing me minutes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Unfortunately, there isn't a VOIP solution for the iPhone yet, not even by third-party developers. Though I would imagine it happening eventually.

Reaction score
VOIP solution

have you tried spreed yet? They heavily promote their service for iPhones in Germany. I couldn't test it yet, since I don't have an iPhone. However, I would like to base my buying decision on whether voip is possible or not. Please advice.

Moritz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.