Logic Studio 8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
OK, so who's getting this? I am positively drooling at the prospect, but would like to see some seriously in-depth reviews before taking the plunge. I have Logix Express 7.2 already, so $299 for what is essentially an upgrade to Logic Pro with all the latest gizmos, is a pretty tempting offer.

Reaction score
Well, I just got through installing 8 (took about 50 minutes). Very kewl interface and seamless navigation to all functionality. I'd love to give you an in-depth review, but I'm having a problem getting Apple Loops to playback once dragged to the editor. Recording off the synths and other instruments (both internal and external) is fine.

Any ideas on what to check for that I haven't already? My Core-Audio is set to built-in line out/line in as I have 2.1 speakers currently and a Roland FP5 as a midi, but with its own output patched into the Mac Pro's line in.

Reaction score
I'm sticking to Logic 7 I dont met the requirements of 2 gigs of ram, but when I customize a mac pro, it's getting copped immediately

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Im ordering my copy of logic pro 8 today, should cost me around £120 :D

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Delievery expected between 20th and 21st :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok well it arrived yesterday (Just over 24 hours after i had actually ordered it)

Installing at the moment, nearly an hour to install it on my macbook :|
if anyones interested I can write a review at some point?

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
I've been using it for 3 days now. Got two songs written and it's easily been the most relaxed composing I've done for years.

Better than Cubase and Logic 7.2.

So far it's crashed only once and that was when loading a third party AU plugin.

The interface is simple to use, very usable, many irritations are gone (it used to be fiddly to add a new track and get the instrument mapped right).

It starts a little faster, AU plugins load faster.

It's a total no brainer of an upgrade, buy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok people heres a BRIEF review, if someone shouts, I can post a full review?

*** Installation ***

Well its easy, pop in the first DVD and let it run its course, it will ask what you want installing etc and then starts. Only thing is do set aside a bit of time for this, it took nearly an hour for everything to install that i needed!

*** First run ***

Ok, this bit genuinly threw me a bit, but impressed me! Im used to starting audio apps and having to sit through a tedious setup routine where it detects different hardware and its capabilities... however logic just starts up and runs... nothing else needed!

*** General Use ***

I have been using 60/70 track projects and its been running FINE on my macbook! The layout of everything is easy to pick up within a few minuites of use and I found myself quickly learning shortcut techniques for so many different procedures!

*** Overall ***

Must have upgrade for those currently using 7 and something definitly worth considering for those starting out!

I can also post reviews of the other bundled software if people are interested

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If anyones interested ive thrown together a 1 minuite simple recording using software instruments, loops and live recording?

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a Macbook pro and Logic 8!

I would love a full review and anything else you can give haha.

I read that some people think its better than pro tools... what do you think about this?

Reaction score
So I purchased the Logic Studio upgrade from Logic Pro 7 and it won't install with my key. My Logic Pro 7 is an academic version. Does that disallow me to upgrade and if so is there any way around this?

Cam

Reaction score
So what are the changes? I've mucked around on Logic 7 and found it to be applalling. What the environment, and why on earth would I want it?? I use protools day to day, but I'm always looking for something a little better (basically something like cubase but stable)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
How does the composing aspect thingy of Logic Studio work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 2.66QC, 4GigRam, 23" HD Display.
Just got a copy of Logic Pro 8 - I've come from an Ableton background. So far just getting to grips with it all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.