News on the next iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
I know its only a matter of time before the next upgraded iPhone comes out. Is there any speculation when this would most likely occur. I heard two customers in the Apple Store chatting it up about waiting until the holidays for the 'new and improved' iPhone to come out. I dont know where they got that bit news but it did get me thinking. I would think Apple would not release a new version so quick after launch.....but they did drop the price 2 months after launch but we are talking about a piece of tech here...not a price drop.

What do you all think will happen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
it's most likely not going to be released this year...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
Could quite possibly be out there before xmas, as we in the UK get the 3g iPhone in october. =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Actually Maclife(magazine)reports that the new iPhone will be out the latter part of January 08 or February of this coming year.They also state that apple will try to make the money off the old iPhones for the holiday season(Which is evident-reports show that when they iPhone's price dropped they hit the million marker they were shooting for).So the 2nd Generation is already in the works.Unlike Windows mobile.When apple leaks or says something better is coming....IT DOES....!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I was thinking about getting a iPhone for xmas but if a new one is going to come out in Jan or Feb then im just gonna wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
I was thinking about getting a iPhone for xmas but if a new one is going to come out in Jan or Feb then im just gonna wait.

I went ahead and purchased one.The main thing i think people forget is that with firmware updates the phone becomes more user friendly.Coming from a long list of Windows pocket pc phones ,after firmware updates mobiles that were not once A2DP were capable of streaming music with no problems.I honestly do not think that the current iPhones are just "STUCK",meaning that this is all that the iPhone has to offer.I honestly believe with future firmware updates that it will be a **** of allot more user friendly than it currently is(Im satisfied with the functionality thus far!).But from what i have been reading is that the new iPhone will have gps built in and also a better camera(meaning zoom,flash,auto focus...etc..)So only time will tell.When i purchase the new one,this one will goto my wife.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Problem is that reports indicate the next version of the iPhone will have 3G capabilities. This is something that can't be simply added via a firmware update as the hardware is not there.

I couldn't care less about the next iPhone. While all you people are sitting there waiting for it, I've been enjoying mine for the past 2 months and will continue to enjoy it as you wait for version 2, all while you use your underwhelming phones ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
question about the iPhone what are the specs for camera is it good quality?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.