Dual Moniter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Hey Guys!

I was wondering, is it possible to run one moniter on my iMac.

What I would like is 1 moniter and my iMac connected together to create Dual Moniters?

Thanks,

WizzKid

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
That was a stupid response!

......any help of how to do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
You need an Apple Mini-DVI to VGA converter - check out their website under Cables, I have one and it works perfectly.

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How is that a stupid question...

Used to think this forum was friendly.....

F

Fallooza

How is that a stupid question...

Used to think this forum was friendly.....
well ya could have at least asked how its done in your OP if thats what you were really wantin ta know. also its different on different machines. older imacs dont screen span without a hack... some have mini-dvi some have mini-vga. did you even post the specs of the machine you were tryin ta do this on? answer: no.
What I would like is 1 moniter and my iMac connected together to create Dual Moniters?
is that a stupid question? is that even a question? i see it has a question mark but...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome, thanks Knightlie :)

EDIT:

Is it this http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=93FDC3BA&nplm=M8639

If so, how do I plug it into my iMac :S :)

Thanks for all the help,

WizzKid

*wades through useless, unhelpful, sarcastic, smart-*rse posts* I can't even be bothered to neg-rep any of them...

I think you'll want this one for an iMac, iMacs have a mini-DVI connector which doesn't have the screws on each side. The iMac cable suits iMacs and MacBooks as I use my cable on both of them.

F

Fallooza

*wades through useless, unhelpful, sarcastic, smart-*rse posts* I can't even be bothered to neg-rep any of them...

I think you'll want this one for an iMac, iMacs have a mini-DVI connector which doesn't have the screws on each side. The iMac cable suits iMacs and MacBooks as I use my cable on both of them.

now look what you did. does he need mini-dvi ta dvi, or mini-dvi ta vga, or mini-vga ta vga? answer: ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oops

now look what you did. does he need mini-dvi ta dvi, or mini-dvi ta vga, or mini-vga ta vga? answer: ?

Yes, that was the wrong link. Post amended.

Fallooza, your positive rep doesn't suit your attitude. Just sayin'...

F

Fallooza

Fallooza, your positive rep doesn't suit your attitude. Just sayin'...

sorry you feel that way, others must disagree.

EDIT: i apologize if you took my last post negatively towards you. i was just bein a smart ***. i in no way meant for it ta be offensive ta you personaly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.