DVD-R Media for G4 PBook SuperDrive

M

marthpodi

What DVD-R media would you recommend for the SuperDrive on a G4 Powerbook? Anyone know where I can buy some at a good price?

Thanks,
marthpodi

OP
D

d4rr3n

What are you going to be using it for? Will you be using the discs you burn in dvd players other than the one in your powerbook?

OP
M

marthpodi

d4rr3n said:
What are you going to be using it for? Will you be using the discs you burn in dvd players other than the one in your powerbook?

yeah i plan on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
I use Mirror Platinum, excellent to burn on, and a good price too.

OP
D

d4rr3n

The majority of the "cheap" dvd-r discs can be a problem for devices with a weak laser. There are certain brands of dvd-r that my ps2/xbox/home dvd player can't read well (extemely long loads, skipping, bad burns, errors when streaming info, etc.) That usually isn't a problem with computer dvd-roms though. IMO the best brand of dvd-r i have ever used is verbatim datalife plus. It's the only media i have used that has worked 100% in every device i have, and i've used maybe 10 different brands of the cheaper stuff.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

Apple suggest..well of course their dvd's ( surprise surprise) or to use the song dvd but those happen to be the most expencive blanks out on the market. ( i know cuase i had a problem burning dvds with my Pbook. i have switched to verbatims aswell and havent had many issue with them...a couple medium errors but that could just be a issue with the disc im using. i have a Rev A albook so i have the first superdrives..so that probably doesnt help my situation much either

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.