iLove this!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD
Some people might visit this website and simply say it's nothing but a bunch of Mac Happy Apple Fanboys & FanGirls, for those who come across with that initial opinion, I challenge you to get rid of your PC and use a Mac for Two weeks, then see what your opinion is....

But enough of that, onto my Real Topic: From Pinacle to iMovie & iDVD
As a Mac owner for the last 3 weeks I've played around and familiarized myself with Mac OS X 10.4, one of the primary reasons I went with Mac was for photo and video editing and production.

Today I did a very rushed, quick video with some photos from a recent holiday. I was able to transfer the photos, make minor adjustments to transitions, titles etc., add music, and Set to share within 35 minutes on a 12 minute slideshow (20 minutes was rendering/setting the file to share)

Onto iDVD to complete the process and burn a disc. All I can say is WOW! I am normally one who takes great pride in detail of my work, and those who've seen my home DVDs would know this, but with iDVD I can now bring my Discs to a whole new level with nicely crafted animated themes for the Menus Once I dropped a few photos from iPhoto onto the drop spots I was ready to burn, again only about a 20 minute process from the time i inserted the blank disc, until the time my finished product was out.

So a grand total of about 55 minutes, 40 of which was spent doing other things like surfing the net, while the computer compiled stuff. This is outstanding, considering the same project would have taken upwards of 5 hours of rendering and burning, which rendered my PC completely useless during the process.

Ease of use, Less Time wasted, and a better end result thanks to iMovie and iDVD. Now, for the actual Video of the trip I did... I'm already half done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
I edit video and have done on a PC for years (canopus hardware & adobe premiere). I used to get problems with drivers, premiere locking up, crashing, losing work, canopus not being regonised. Not to mention the actual process of converting a video to a DVD, doing all the menus etc.. takes FOREVER on a PC, and often with unreliable and expensive software.

I switched to a mac last week and have not had any problems at all (and it has hardly been off). Seriously, for this kind of work it just makes sense. No hardware problems, no locking up and absolutely no stupid pointless pop up windows / errors I used to get with my PC. Which really, is worth the price of the mac alone.

I am never going back, when this mac's life ends i'll DEFINITELY be buying another. And without the help of the people on this forum I would have never jumped the MS ship.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.