iPod Video Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD
Hey guys, I searched and didn't come up with any answers. I have about 15 movies that I ripped from my dvd's using handbrake and I was wondering what program I could use to downsize there resolution because I don't want to have to re-rip the movies. Right now they are in the highest resolution and each video file is like 2gb's. I want to be able to make new files from the current ones only in the iPod video's resolution. I appreciate the help

-ping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I guess the easiest way would be to convert within iTunes by right-clicking the movies. Another way would be to use a program like iSquint to convert to iPod specs.

OP
pingpongitore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD
cool, thanks alot. I wonder how much space that will save. Now my other question is, will doing that change the original file or will it be a new file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
i use visual hub - http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

its not free but only cheap and does a fantastic job of reducing the size. my handbrake files were 1gb-1.5gb and at ipod res it reduces them to around 300mb. it will also convert practically any video type to anything including vobs, avi, mpeg.

definitely work checking out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You're better off re-ripping them with Handbrake. If you reduce the size and bitrate, they will rip significantly faster than they did the first time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.