Is there any chance Apple will switch service providers?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I want to get an iPhone, but I will not go to AT&T. When is the contract up with them and is there any talk of them moving to another cell provider? Most reviews I've read have said great phone, bad service. I know it depends where you live and all of that, but AT&T kind of sucks for the most part with their slow data network. Has there been any talk of them going elsewhere?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
They have a 5 year exclusive contract with AT&T so maybe after 5 years you can get it with someone else.

OP
B
Reaction score
They have a 5 year exclusive contract with AT&T so maybe after 5 years you can get it with someone else.

5 Years? Holy crap. I really think they could have done better going with another provider. That's a shame. I'll guess I'll have to stick with my crappy Verizon phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Unless you've been living under a rock, you should know that unlocks for the iPhone are abundant. If you don't mind T-Mobile and lack of visual voicemail, go for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Which provider would have been better? Verizon? Apple tried that, got turned down since Verizon happens to be a control freak too. T-Mobile? Service is worse than AT&T. Sprint? HA!

If you can't get number 1, you go for number 2, not 3 or 4.

Plus, I don't see why so many people complain about AT&T. I've been with them for 6-7 years now and have had great service. I don't get dropped calls or poor call quality. While EDGE isn't as fast as the 3G network (which I've experienced with the 8525), it isn't as bad as people say it is, especially not after AT&T upgraded EDGE speeds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I have AT&T also and never really had a problem with it. I thought I was getting more dropped calls when I moved, but I realized it was only when I spoke to one person I know on their cell phone, so I'm pretty sure it's just their phone.

I guess some people have had problems. Until I have them, I'll stay. After 3 years of problem free service, I don't think I have to worry about changing any time soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
Speaking of wireless carriers, does anyone know how much it would be to to drop 1 line of a VZW family plan and switch to iPhone while keping the same number?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
$175. However, if the other person on your family plans contract is over, then that person can take over your contract while you go to AT&T for the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
wo 5 years is a long contract.

Reaction score
$175. However, if the other person on your family plans contract is over, then that person can take over your contract while you go to AT&T for the iPhone

it's $175 at worst, but if you purchased your phone after mid-November of 2006 your early termination fee goes down $5/month. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Edge speeds are lot faster than everyone makes them out to be. It's certainly a speed I can live with. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.