Printer Printing Poorly

Reaction score
Hi, recently I've found the quality of my Canon i350 printer has become very poor particularly for text. I've had it about 3 years (without problem) but recently it's been printing out with a sort of smudge effect even on the highest quality so I have a few questions.

1) Is there any part that can be fixed/cleaned?
2) I've been using "RJ21/24CL" cartridges which I buy very cheaply but I'm wondering if the cheap cartridges could be what's having a detrimental effect on the printing?
3) Can you recommend an affordable printing which is fine for just your basic text printing?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
You could clean the printer heads and align the print; those are all options within the printer manager. Yes, it could be a result of buying cheap cartriges. The print quality on cheap ones sometimes isn't as precise as more expensive ones, but usually they work just as well.

If you want something cheap just to print text, I would recccomend looking for a cheap laser printer. I have a Brother(that's the brand) that I use just for school stuff, and text, and I love it. Uses toner instead of ink, and I have less problems with it, and the tonor seeems to last me longer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.