Imagry Disk question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I have a 17 inch G4 Imac that I just got. It has an imagry disk icon on it. The system seems to only have that as an option for install of TIGER...I shut is down held the option button, chose the disk option and installed. Messengers and firefox downloaded fine, but the safari beta would not install on the imagry disk. I am not even sure what this imagry disk is. I am guessing it is a copy of the real hard drive but not sure. If so how do I find my real hard drive in order to have everything installed on it? Very confusing...It gets on the internet fine...everything seems to work fine except certain downloads...

Also having a mouse issue...every time I turn the mac on i have to unplug the mouse and plug it in again to work. It will work fine the rest of the time until put in sleep mouse or shut down and than back to the same unplugging thing...I was told to reset the PRAM but did not want to do that until I checked here first...
Thanks guys...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
If it is any consolation MacGirl34, I have a similar problem with my USB mouse occassionally. I have never had a computer that didn't have some sort of problem, and that seems to be the one for this computer. Not a big issue - like you, I have a simple workaround so it is not too hard to live with.

BTW, Welcome to Mac-Forums!!

OP
MACGIRL34
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info...I have only had the mouse issue with the Imac G4's...Think I figured away around the Imagry Disk problem. I downloaded stuffit expander and that seemed to help...but some keep coming up Bindry file and won't install properly...back to the drawing board...LOL

OP
MACGIRL34
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I rest the PRAM and so far no mouse issues...I'll post tomorrow with an update on it...Here is how I did it...

1) Shut down
2) locate keys: command, option, P & R
3) Turn Imac on
4) Hold keys: Command-Option-P-R before grey screen appears
5) Hold until computer restarts & you hear start up sound for second time
6) Release keys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.