iPhone Mail App - Download size limit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 - iMac 20" for the wife
Hi

I would like to set my Corporate email which doesnt allow IMAP to be forwarded to a POP or IMAP account off our network, and pick it up from there with the iPhone.

I often get attachments, and dont want to download it all the time. Headers, or first 5kb would be nice.

What is the default with iPhone? If there is a 10MB attachment, which I cannot open anyways with the phone, it will be still downloaded?

Thanks

Ben

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 - iMac 20" for the wife
Just posting to my own thread again, as I had some painful situations while Roaming.

I "think" that the iPhone downloads the header and once you try to open the email, it will pull the rest. I had opened an email which had a 3MB attachment, and then quickly closed it, and quit the Mail app. However I have seen that my Data usage went up like crazy, so I think the mail program tried to pull the whole message even after I closed the app and put the phone asleep.

Anyone has confirmation of this behaviour?

Thanks

Ben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.