Locate iPhotos and Itunes

Reaction score
Hi,
My sis recently did something silly with her macbook and hope that someone can help out.
She was using her mac as usual as she was used to windows OS she deleted some program or file called garbage*** (not to sure what she said) but due to the deletion of this she lost some of her photos and itunes songs.

Well she went to Apple authorized dealer and they told her that they can help her but she will have to pay... she was like try her luck asking me! Well i am not a mac user too so many need you guys to help out! And i think she mention she could still view the thumbnails of some of the deleted images! so i am quite lost!

Can anyone guide me on how to solve this issue?

Thanks a mil!

=D

Reaction score
Give It A Try...

hi there..

you can try rebuild your iphoto and re-create itunes library..

To rebuild the iPhoto library:

1. Make a backup of the folder ~/Pictures/iPhoto Library in the Finder, and set it aside. Important: A backup allows you to restore the iPhoto Library should anything go wrong during the rebuild (such as a power failure) that prevents the library from rebuilding correctly.
2. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
3. I'm not sure what version of i photo you are using so For iPhoto 4.0.3 or earlier: Hold down the Shift and Option keys on the keyboard.
For iPhoto 5.0 or later: Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
4. Open iPhoto.
5. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
6. Click Yes.

iPhoto will try to rebuild the iPhoto library. This can take several minutes, depending on its size.

"Manual rebuild"

If iPhoto's built-in rebuild tool does not appear to resolve the issue, you may have to manually recreate the library by using the steps below. Keep in mind that this "manual rebuild" procedure does not preserve metadata such as Album names or sorting, and it may introduce duplicates into the iPhoto library.

Tip: In the steps below, restricting the search size to greater than 30KB should help you avoid importing the iPhoto thumbnail files as pictures.

Manual rebuild

1. While holding the Option key, open iPhoto.
2. When prompted, select the option to create a new library.
3. From the iPhoto menu, choose Hide iPhoto.
4. Locate the iPhoto Library folder in the Finder (it should be in your Pictures folder), and open it.
5. Choose File > Find.
6. Change the search scope to find files in "this folder" that are "Size is greater than 30KB" and "Kind is Images". (You can click the + or - buttons in the Find window to add or remove search terms if needed.)
7. Click the iPhoto icon in the Dock.
8. Drag the search results into the blank iPhoto window to import these images.

How to re-create iTunes Library

Learn how to re-create your iTunes library and playlists.
Re-creating the iTunes Library file
Follow these steps:

1. Quit iTunes.
2. Locate your iTunes folder.
* For Mac OS X the iTunes folder is stored in one of the following locations:

/Users/username/Music

3. Open your iTunes folder.
4. Drag the iTunes Music Library.xml to the Desktop
5. Drag the following file from your iTunes folder to the Trash:
* iTunes Library
6. Open iTunes.
7. From the File menu, choose Import.
Tip: Do not add any music into iTunes at this point.
8. Navigate to the iTunes Music Library.xml file on the Desktop.
9. Click Choose.

U will see your iTunes library as a new library and will completely resync.

Good Luck...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.