whats the difference?

Reaction score
ok next week im getting a 8Ogb 2.O ghz macbook.. is there a big difference between 2.O ghz and 2.16 or they pretty much the same? also dose it play hd dvd out the box or do need to upgrad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
There's not much difference between those speeds, although, I think the 2.16 is the newer model is it not? larger HDD and stuff?

As for playing HD DVDs or Bluray, there is currently no hardware support nor Software support. So even if you rip the HD DVD to your HDD from another PC, you can't play the HD DVD (as of yet). It can however, when support comes, play 1080p AVC content without a hitch...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The processor speed is a mere 8% faster... no real difference.
The difference between the two models is the HD size (easily and cheaply upgradeable on the 2.0ghz) and the fact that the 2.0ghz has a Combo-Drive where as the 2.16ghz has the Superdive. If you don't need the MacBook to BURN DVD's, I see no reason to get the 2.16 model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
@RIDE - I asked this in another thread, but: if you were to get the 2.0ghz version with the combo-drive, can you upgrade it later to the Superdrive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
@RIDE - I asked this in another thread, but: if you were to get the 2.0ghz version with the combo-drive, can you upgrade it later to the Superdrive?

As to whether the Processor or the Combo Drive can be upgraded....Nope. I guess I should say... All things are possible, but it would entail some MAJOR disassembly and would void your warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Apple charges $200 or so for a Combo drive to Superdrive upgrade! You could very well plug in a Firewire external casing and put in a cheap $30 DVD writer...

OP
R
Reaction score
one more thing will the 2.O macbook burn dvd mp3 and cd just fine out the box without upgrades? thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.