• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Press Conference in London on Sept 18

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Strange their holding it at a store. Makes me wonder if it's the Euro iPhone or what: big enough to have a press event, not big enough to hold in a more proper location.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
New iPods maybe, because that's all been said when release date is.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Plus the big Apple Expo in Paris is like a week after it, Sept 25 I believe. Please, please, please give us an ultraportable MacBook Pro!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
The Beatles...?...No

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Beatles...?...No

Ooooooh, That's a good guess! Appropriate location and venue, but not really big enough, ground-breaking new to be announced during a big event like the Paris Expo.

I'd put my money on this prediction.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Ooooooh, That's a good guess! Appropriate location and venue, but not really big enough, ground-breaking new to be announced during a big event like the Paris Expo.

Jobs did say that they would have the Beatles within a year or something...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
*Cross fingers*
<chant>European 3G iPhone European 3G iPhone European 3G iPhone European 3G iPhone European 3G iPhone European 3G iPhone</chant>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
I've just visited the store, but the staff either didn't know anything or have been told (on pain of death) not to say anything. There is, however, a sign saying "due to a private event on Tuesday, the store will remain closed until 4pm". If it lasts 6 hours, surely it muct be something BIG?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, they were released at the same time as in the US. Classics and Nanos are already shiping in the UK.

i meant the iPod touch. but hoping for the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i meant the iPod touch. but hoping for the iPhone

Regardless, the invitation said, "mum is no longer the word". Since the Touch is already out, that wouldn't make sense.

I don't think it's the iPhone for Europe. Why would they make a big announcement like that which seems more appropriate for the expo in Paris? Unless there are no planned announcements for the expo or they want to release it just before to stir up a frenzy for the expo.

eh, maybe it is the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

You know, if we all keep saying it, it'll happen :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Regardless, the invitation said, "mum is no longer the word". Since the Touch is already out, that wouldn't make sense.

I don't think it's the iPhone for Europe. Why would they make a big announcement like that which seems more appropriate for the expo in Paris? Unless there are no planned announcements for the expo or they want to release it just before to stir up a frenzy for the expo.

eh, maybe it is the iPhone.

It could be for iPod touch, as in UK it is not out yet. So stop saying it's out when it's not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
It could be for iPod touch, as in UK it is not out yet. So stop saying it's out when it's not.

I believe those are shipping worldwide at the end of this month. There shouldn't be a separate release date for them...that'd be a waste of a press conference.

Reaction score
the only explanation is something that would be unique to the UK thus it must be the Iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
if it was the beatles then liverpool would have been more appropriate - but too obvious. Did the u2 version get announced in Ireland?

im thinking its the new imum - just sync with your mac and bam you have a robotic mum complete with multitouch, a 500 hour battery life and comes in 26 different colours...

for the british customers only there will be a mary poppins special edition..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.