Best Browser...

J

Joeytpg

Best browser for Mac?

i currently use Safari, and i have Explorer here too.......(but i primarily use Safari)

Do you recommend another one?....why?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Firefox is cool, has some AWESOME extentions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
IE is certianly not the best.. anyway :) I like safari

OP
C

Cloudane

I used FireFox on the PC for months, then switched to Safari when I got the Mac and haven't looked back yet. It does all the same stuff but feels faster and more natural on the Mac (on which FireFox takes *forever* to load in comparison to the PC or Safari)

I do miss the easy way you can wipe all cache, history, cookies, and other private stuff in FireFox though.

OP
J

Joeytpg

well.......on the mean ttime i'll stick to the Apple browser "SAFARI" hehehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Plenty of room for personal choice. Pick one of (Camino, Firefox, Safari) and you'll be happy.

Pick another of (Internet Explorer, Netscape 7.1) as a backup for badly-coded sites that insist you use one of those two. (Or fake it :) )

Cloudane said:
I do miss the easy way you can wipe all cache, history, cookies, and other private stuff in FireFox though.

Use the "Reset Safari" command in the Safari application menu.

OP
N

Nightblade

You might want to give Shiira a shot. It's a new web browser from Japan, and its actual goal was to be a superior alternative to Safari. I use it sometimes, and it's pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
safari, omniweb, chamino, mozilla, icab, netscape, IE.

OP
C

Cloudane

technologist said:
Use the "Reset Safari" command in the Safari application menu.

Ahh, that simple, I'm still so used to digging deep from Windows and Linux that I forget to look in the obvious places... thanks :D

OP
I

iSheep

Macs are always so bloody obvious! I spent about 1 hour looking for Add/Remove programs feature, when all I had to do was just put it in the Bin. Do that in Windows and you are bascily commiting Application Suicide.

OP
S

sirlan

I primarily use Safari but I have Firefox as a backup because Safari occasionally has java issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I switch on and off between Safari and Camino. I prefer Camino to Firefox since Camino has a much more "Mac-like" feel to it than Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I use Mozilla since it does everything I need it to do while other browsers.. so far.. do not. Like the web developer plugin that allows you to do pretty everything you would want to do as a web designer or developer.. then the tab plugin.. you can do everything any anything with tabs, it's really amazing. Plus many other reasons why I like Mozilla :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.