connecting to the internet

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I find this problem very unusual, every time i open my computer, it does not automatically connect to my wireless network, or so it seems that way because i cannot go on the internet. It basically does so every time i click on "open network connections", i dont actually connect to anything because when i open it up, it says "connected to my network". Its basically very weird, has anybody had this problem before?

thank you in advance

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey everybody,

I find this problem very unusual, every time i open my computer, it does not automatically connect to my wireless network, or so it seems that way because i cannot go on the internet. It basically does so every time i click on "open network connections", i dont actually connect to anything because when i open it up, it says "connected to my network". Its basically very weird, has anybody had this problem before?

thank you in advance

I would check your network settings under System Preferences. Go under AirPort and look at the order of preferred networks, make sure your wireless network is first in the list.

In addition, check your wireless router's settings against the Wireless Networking FAQ that's linked to in my signature. You definitely want to be broadcasting SSID, and if you're not already using it, do switch your wireless security to WPA or WPA2 (if available).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
We could do with some more information. Router brand? How are you trying to connect? Can you connect at all? etc etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.