Dead 17" Studio Display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 iMac, 2.7 GHz, 8 GB, 1600 Mhz DDR3
After less than 18 months use, my 17" Studio Display monitor abruptly ceased working. I had been using it with a G5 PowerMac, with a DVI to ADC converter, though it does not appear that the computer is implicated in any way. Once the lights went out, I have gotten no indication at all from the monitor. In other words, in spite of the usual shifting around of power outlets, etc., I get no light no where when I push the power "button," including on that button itself. In 22 years of working with computers I have never had this happen. Any suggestions other than throwing it out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Take it to the store and ask them what the problem is. If it's something minor, maybe you can fix it yourself for a few bucks.
-Peace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Could it still be under warranty from the manufacturer?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 iMac, 2.7 GHz, 8 GB, 1600 Mhz DDR3
No more warranty

The warranty has surely expired, as I had purchased the thing a couple of years before putting it into use. I had thought to use it with an older Mac that had been sitting around, but in the end did not put it into service until I got my G5 at the end of 2005.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I know it is not under warranty but they might give you a free estimate. Figure out what's wrong and decide what to do with it then.
Or send it to me. I like free stuff to tinker with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.