iPod Touch FTW!

Reaction score
So after debating for quite some time, I decided on a Touch. The screen is just so much prettier than the Classic! I know this isn't important to anyone else, but I am uber excited. WOOT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If you don't need the extra space and you got the extra cash, it would be senseless to go in for an iPod classic. The Touch is definitely a winner...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
the space? what space? who can fit videos and music on 8 or 16 GB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD

Me. I don't need to keep ALL of my movies and music on it at all times... I plan to keep about 7GB of music on it, and just swap movies on and off before I go on business trips...

I honestly don't understand wanting to have ALL of your media in your pocket at all times - that's what my Macs and FW drives are for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You obviously don't put full size videos on a device that has a 3 inch screen. You convert them to the appropriate size, and you end up saving a ton of space as a result. 8GB is plenty of space when you don't have videos with resolutions too high for the device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
You obviously don't put full size videos on a device that has a 3 inch screen. You convert them to the appropriate size, and you end up saving a ton of space as a result. 8GB is plenty of space when you don't have videos with resolutions too high for the device.

Good point.

kao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Can't wait to get my 16GB Touch, not realeased until end of September =(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I have a hard time trying to put songs into my 512MB iPod. 8GB will be 'almost' too much for me!

Reaction score
I never owned a Apple product before. I been looking for a MP3 player and have never gone the apple route.. but after some time.. and looked into the specs and my needs.. I was all up for the Touch and placed an order for it.

My question is.... 69 for th extended warranty... is this worth the investment?

Reaction score
I never owned a Apple product before. I been looking for a MP3 player and have never gone the apple route.. but after some time.. and looked into the specs and my needs.. I was all up for the Touch and placed an order for it.

My question is.... 69 for th extended warranty... is this worth the investment?
First year model, its definitely worth the investemnt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Don't be so quick to recommend AppleCare yemilipede. You have to keep in mind that AppleCare only covers manufacturer's defects, not accidental damage. So to be honest, I find AppleCare on an iPod to not be worth it.

I personally think that if one were to get an iPod, to get it from a big box retailer like Best Buy and then use their extended warranty as that one DOES cover you for pretty much anything. You can essentially get a brand new iPod two years after you bought it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD
I have the current Gen ipod video and it is definitely worth it to have the support plan. Oh and btw, what software could I use to resize video files to the ipod's resolution, I use handbrake to rip them from my dvd's but what would I use to resize it? Sorry didn't mean to hijack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I personally think that if one were to get an iPod, to get it from a big box retailer like Best Buy and then use their extended warranty as that one DOES cover you for pretty much anything. You can essentially get a brand new iPod two years after you bought it.

Depends. My wife's ipod was sent in 3 times over a 2 month period at Best Lie. They refused to replace it until it was sent in 4 times and still had problems. I vowed never to get an extended coverage plan from them again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Me. I don't need to keep ALL of my movies and music on it at all times... I plan to keep about 7GB of music on it, and just swap movies on and off before I go on business trips...

I honestly don't understand wanting to have ALL of your media in your pocket at all times - that's what my Macs and FW drives are for.

It's all about convenience. Sitting on a plane, you could have all your music and videos on your 160gig iPod Classic, Vs. digging in the overhead for your laptop and firewire drive, and having to set that mess up on your try table... I think the iPod wins.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
It's all about convenience. Sitting on a plane, you could have all your music and videos on your 160gig iPod Classic, Vs. digging in the overhead for your laptop and firewire drive, and having to set that mess up on your try table... I think the iPod wins.

I guess it's all about how you manage your media and prepare then. I've always (had an old Archos for video previously, now will be getting the 16GB iPod Touch) just copied one or two movies that I haven't seen yet to the device, and watch those on the plane. And 7GB of music is more than enough to keep me occupied for the duration of the flight.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I don't see how one is going to watch 20 different movies and listen to 20,000 songs on a flight. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I guess it's all about how you manage your media and prepare then. I've always (had an old Archos for video previously, now will be getting the 16GB iPod Touch) just copied one or two movies that I haven't seen yet to the device, and watch those on the plane. And 7GB of music is more than enough to keep me occupied for the duration of the flight.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I don't see how one is going to watch 20 different movies and listen to 20,000 songs on a flight. ;)

I was glad I had full iPod when I had to fly to India. There was some goofy lottle booger sitting in front of me that would stand on his seat, look at me, and drool on me. I about smacked the kid, but luckily I had hours of entertainment right in the palm of my hand. ;D

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a difficult situation myself. Currently I live in Boston and take the subway a lot. I have verizon (my contract will be up in January when I go to Los Angeles for most likely the rest of my life).

The iPod I have now is 20 gigs with NO VIDEO (monochromatic) and I've filled it with 15 gigs. I told myself that when the new ipods came out I'd get one but didn't anticipate the touch having only 16 gigs.

I LOVE the iphone but am not sure about switching to AT&T from Verizon- also the 8 gig iphone is not enough for me (maybe it'll be bigger in jan??). Ideally, I want to have all of my music and video on my ipod. Then again, when I'm in LA I won't be taking the subway and therefore would only watch videos when im on the treadmill at the gym.

So I'm not sure which ipod to go for... this is a very tough decision for me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
The Touches have shipped a wave already. Many Apple stores have 'em, though I had to go to 2 different ones to find a remaining one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ

Yeh exactly. I'm sure many of you already know of this software, but I found something called iSquint. You drag your videos into it and you can select to convert it all to iPod format, and it puts in your iTunes library for you. Converted my Jon Stewart shows from 249mb to 120mb. Not too shabby.

Can't wait to get the iPod touch!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.