daily use ?

Reaction score
what do u recommand on how long to use the wifi day to day use like 3 hours? can it get fryied if you use it like 5 or more hours a day?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2GHz intel core duo 2 GB ram Mac os x 10.5 Leopard
wifi?
as in your airport?
i hope not. cause mines on all day and most nights
and im on my computer well over 5 hours a day with it in use

Reaction score
I personally turn my macbook off every night but I know people that can't remember the last time they turned their laptop off. You wont 'fry' your airport card.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Guess it depends on whether you buy something to be used as and when you need / want to use it or to look at it.

The warranty you have, whether it's the basic 12 months or Applecare for 36 months will cover it if it fails no matter if you use it 3 hours a day or 24 hours a day. There's no "well, your average use was 15 minutes a day more than it's rated for" type of thing on the hardware.

There really is not a heat related issue to be concerned about related to this particular piece of hardware either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
And anyway, its not like the airport card is not a powerhouse like the graphics card... Go ahead. Use that airport the way it was meant to be...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Well, anything can happen, but it's not very likely. I use my Mac almost 24/7. If I'm not sitting at it, it's doing things for me when I sleep. Most of these things involve being on the internet, and thus using the wireless.

Fear not. Use it when you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz MacBook Pro
if wifi cards could only be used for a few hours a day, they really wouldn't be that useful for a lot of people...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
No, you can use your wifi as long as you want. There is NO LIMIT as far as how many hours you can use per day.

Where did you hear this? I'm really interested. Gotta love the internet.

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks for replys...i was just wondering if the was a limit to the wifi but guess not...well any ways is that 36 months warrinty from apple worth getting? how much ? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
thanks for replys...i was just wondering if the was a limit to the wifi but guess not...well any ways is that 36 months warrinty from apple worth getting? how much ? thanks

Yes! Search the forums. There's many threads where people are glad they purchased AppleCare!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
AppleCare does give me good piece of mind. I mean you never know what will burn out, fail, quit working, yadda yadda yadd. Hope to heck I never need it....but at least its there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main: 2017 MacBook Pro Touchbar 15". Secondary: 2006 MacBook, 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, 80 GB HD, OSX 10.6.
Don't worry man, I have mine on 24/7, on all my machines. Just don't worry, I had one on for 5 years straight once and it didn't do anything at all. If your that that paranoid, then just use ethernet. That's even better for speed.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Pawe

Your comments are welcome, may even be valid; but you are responding to a 10 year old thread.

A lot has happened in those intervening years.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.