Questions about new iPod Classics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
I'm in the UK, where the new iPod Classics have yet to be released (as far as I'm aware) but I believe they are already available in the States. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the new iPods come with a charger (I suspect that they don't), and if not, would I be able to use the charger that came with my fourth gen iPod? Also, do they come with any sort of case/protective cover? Any MP3 player I have ever owned has become scratched very quickly even when I've taken the greatest of care with it, and since the one I want is silver aluminium, I think it'd be quite easily scratched or damaged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Mine arrived this morning, Apple sent it yesterday. There's no charger, but the connector is the same (I'm using my Nano USB lead on it) so peripherals should work the same. I'll be testing my car FM transmitter/charger tomorrow.

Edit: No, there's no case. I'm probably going to get the Invisible Shield thing for it once it's released, and some kind of carrying case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.