Macbook Pro Dilemma, Help Please

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been looking all over the net and reading alot of information but cant find nothing which gives me a straight answer, so thought i could get some help here.

Basically ill be buying a MacBook Pro tomorrow night, however i cant decide if i want the 15" or the 17". They are both 2.4Mhz CPU 2MB RAM models. The 15" is £200 cheaper and seems to have round about the same specs as the 17".

I just feel the 17" will be too big and bulky for travelling with etc. But i dont want to compromise to much on performance.

I will be using the macbook when creating graphics, editing images, creating and updating my website and developing flash documents.

Will there really be much difference in performance?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i reccomend the 15". i've got it and its awsome. very widescreen (i got the glossy looks amazing and very little reflection.

performance - i played FEAR maxed out so its all good :D

15"

T

todd51

I also recommend the 15 inch. It's not too big to carry around, but has a large enough screen for sufficient work space such as working in Photoshop and other applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
The screen resolution on the 15" is, to me, so low as to be useless and almost to the point of being painfully annoying to use; even the standard 17" screen bugs me.

But then, I'm more picky about that than most people are. Try both before you buy, the resolution should be the only functional difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
You should go with the 15.4" glossy. It is big enough to get work done, and, honestly, anything bigger would not be portable, IMO.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.