Apple Works vs MS Office for mac

S

Solafaa

I have tryed to use Apple works since its installed on my friends laptop. At first i liked it, but after useing it for work i did not like it as much, i just feel that its not as good as other mac softwares. It might be its bec i have not used it that much but has anyone else had have the same problem?

OP
I

iSheep

It's about 5 years' old and hasn't had an update for a while, hasn't it? Doesn't supprise me. Apple actually promote Office.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I would say Office is better. It's slow, but its better.

OP
C

Cloudane

One thing I'll miss from Windows is the ability to poke fun at the name Works...

Apple Works.... ha~~.. oh wait, it *does* :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Cloudane said:
One thing I'll miss from Windows is the ability to poke fun at the name Works...

Apple Works.... ha~~.. oh wait, it *does* :D
It does?
Sure hasn't for me. :(

OP
C

Cloudane

Sorry to hear that :( People who are disappointed with their Macs seem to be few and far between, but it's always sad to see one who's not had such a good experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yeah I would definitely say Office is the better choice. Guarantees compatibility with most of the rest of the world, has more advanced features than Apple Works, and it actually gets updated which Apple Works doesn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I've been using AW forever...I remember when it was called "ClarisWorks." :) I still use it, but it is badly in need of a version bump.

Office is, well, Office. It's big, has lots of features, and is compatible with what "everyone else" uses.

On the other hand, keep in mind AppleWorks is $80, or $40 for college students and free with every eMac/iMac/iBook. Office is $400, or $150 for students and teachers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I remember Claris Works. :)

Moof!

OP
S

Solafaa

Cloudane - na i like my mac and i will never use anything else. Its just Apple works i dislike, yest its cheap but its not were are good as MS Office witch sucks even more seeing a Microsoft product is better then a mac product.

OP
C

Cloudane

I was referring to Absolute Zero, who said Apple "hasn't worked" for him.

MS Office is hideously expensive... a good alternative is OpenOffice.org which needs X11 but works fine on an Apple and is free. Also I remember ClarisWorks from school on little mono Mac Classics (the original classics, the *über* machine that the teacher used had a hard drive, the rest were floppy-only). Goodness knows what it's like now :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.