Wakes from sleep with lid shut whenever anything makes a bump nearby on the desk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 2GB 160GB OSX
I've had my macbook pro for about 2 weeks now and its amazing, but when the lid's shut and its on sleep mode all i have to do is place my hand relatively lightly down on the desk nearby it wakes up for a moment
I'm not sure if this a helpful feature to wake it up before i open it (if it is, is there any way to turn it off as it's not as helpful as it thinks!) or whether its a problem with the laptop. Does anybody know?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 SR 15.4" LED LCD, 160G
Do you have a bluetooth mouse connected to it? I used to have that problem with slight bump waking up the MBP through a BT mouse. If that's the case, turn off "This device can wake up the computer" button from the bluetooth preference.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 2GB 160GB OSX
ahh that might be it, it's not a bluetooth mouse but it is a wireless one that has a green light that stays on even once the laptop lid is closed. I'll try this out and report back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Yes, it's the mouse - mine does it. You'll also find it watches the USB port and wakes if you plug/unplug anything, such as the mouse receiver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.