MacBook Pro's power button has 'sunk'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
In the last couple of months I've noticed that the power button on my MacBook Pro (which I've had since January this year) has 'sunk' slightly and is lower on the left hand side than it should be. It doesn't affect the computer's ability to power on or shut down or anything, but physically it's bothering me, as I've always taken good care of it and have been slightly paranoid about scratching it or causing it any damage at all (since it's so beautiful and was so expensive!). I did take out Applecare for three years, so I'm sure it would be covered. I also googled it and apparently this has happened to other people as well. However it's the thought of having to send it away for any period of time, as it's now the only computer I use and I don't particularly want the hassle of not having it for even a few days. Does anyone know anything about this problem, if it's happened to anyone? Is there anything I can do to rectify it?

Thanks.

OP
stevo-m
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Yeah, tough choice. I probably wouldn't send it in unless it becomes a problem... or try to put that day you ship it out just before your AppleCare is done and over with.

Or you could send it in now and torture yourself for a week or more.

Do you have pictures of it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.