leopard buy

Reaction score
do you guys recommend buying leopard as soon as it is released? hearing tales from Vista has given me a good shaking. now, im slightly hesitant to get the Leopard upon release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Based upon my experience with Tiger, you may want to wait a few weeks to a month before buying. There will probably be some updates right out of the gate. Tiger had a number of annoying little problems when it first came out. Of course, it will never be anything like what's happened with Vista (Vista is STILL terrible. ;) ).

OP
S
Reaction score
the updates can be downloaded from the apple website though. unlike vista where you will have to wait for sp1. therefore, its a lot less hassle and a lot faster. am i right in saying this?

generally how quickly does apple respond to 'little bugs'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
That's correct, any updates will come via Software Update, and they always come really quickly from Apple. It's just a matter of whether you want to risk dealing with the potential issues for the first few weeks or wait until you know that the updates have been made available. I personally will be going straight to it, but I will also have my entire current system backed up on a FW drive I can boot into in case there are problems that affect my productivity... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
No reason not to buy it on the day it comes out really.

Vista was actually fine as soon as it was released. Most of the faults were by design!

Reaction score
Anyone have a clue as to how the retail Leopard discs will work regarding updates? Obviously, when Leopard first comes out, the retail discs will be 10.5.0. Over time, as updates come out, will Apple release retail discs that incorporate some of these updates?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.