FireFox Problem - Always on Top

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16ghz / 1gb ram / 120gb iPod 5G 30gb
Okay, sometimes, firefox will be "always on top" where it'll block dashboard, a video playing in full screen, and windows behind it when u try to bring them up front.

what's the problem? it not a setting. i close it and reopen and it'll be fine...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Is it only FireFox that does that ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
I have the same problem sometimes, but I have a program on the dashboard that hides all the windows, so that tends to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" Intel Core 2 Duo 2Gb
Same issue

I use Firefox as my main browser on my iMac and also see this problem. I have been able to connect the issue to an add-on called 'Downloadhelper' in my case. Every time I use it, the browser window gets set to 'always on top' I have to close and reopen the browser to correct the issue.

Does anyone have a way to correct the setting without closing the browser?

Thanks,
Donn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Since this post, I have experienced the same problem with FF. I am assuming it is a bug.

Reaction score
Same problem here

It seems to only happen to me when viewing DivX videos with the DivX web player or Google Video content (both via tv-links). I use OSX 10.4.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.7.

Also, does anybody else have problems when trying to resize a DivX movie when viewing it in the web player?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
It seems to only happen to me when viewing DivX videos with the DivX web player or Google Video content (both via tv-links). I use OSX 10.4.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.7.

Also, does anybody else have problems when trying to resize a DivX movie when viewing it in the web player?

I have noticed the same problems. On that same site, Safari almost always crashes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.