Two more newbie questions! Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
I'm curious about my macbook pro's durability,
I have it in an Incase sleeve which I put in my backpack while in class, or its tucked up under my arm. I accidently banged it on a metal part of my desk slightly decent, (not too decent)..

So it made me wonder what kind of beat ups can these take from the daily grind? Is tapping it here and there going to cause a major screen break or something? Are they fragile (in a sense that its a thin thin laptop) I'm really careful with my new $2500 investment (major headache if my baby breaks.)

Also; When "OSX Leopard" comes out, will I be able to install it on my macbook pro by simply upgrading OSX's? Will there be many problems, data loss? Do I need to reformat or anything tedious like that?

Thanks!:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
As for your banging the macbook pro issue, in my experience, it can take quite a beating. Only make sure it is in sleep mode so as to not damage the HDD. And compared to the plastic Macbooks, the MBP has an aluminum shell, which means that if in case it falls, the shell might bend, but not crack. I, sometimes while walking through a narrow doorway with the laptop slinged on my shoulder, have one of those "thud" and followed by an "oh sh1T". But it has so far proved to be durable. Aluminum is quite strong.

As for your Leopard question, there should be no problem. Just involves a few clicks and it should upgrade... You might have to get some updates for some apps to work with leopard, though most apps like Adobe's apps, iLife, Office and all those "major" ones should work right after the upgrade.

T

todd51

I have pulled mine out of my sleeve and dropped it on the floor, still works great! Although, it was on sleep mode, I'm sure it would have been damaged if I had it open or someting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.