Got the 8 gig - some observations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema
Just got the iPhone 8 gig and am pretty much loving it.

Couple of things that I have noticed:

Speaker phone at full volume is pretty quiet. Not loud enough to hear a conversation while driving down the road.

The cable that I have running from my JVC stereo (Toyoto factory) that I had installed for my Video iPod will charge the unit and allows me to play through the stereo even though when I plug it in it comes up with the message that says "this device was not produced for the iPhone, do you want to turn off the phone to avoid interference?" I can't control it via the head other than the volume, which is the way the iPod functioned as well.

The next two items function with the iPod but not the iPhone.

It will not allow me to play via iTunes when plugged into my Mac. Recordings are grayed out. The recordings are not purchased songs. Just stuff that I record via streamng web or that I have recorded via a little mp3 radio recorder that I have.

It does not display the time left or used on a recording. This was a nice feature on the iPod that I could use if I was done listening in the truck and was going to finish up via the Mac in the house. Related to the paragraph above. I know that I can always plug in headphones or just play it via the speaker. Just saying.

But overall I am pretty darn impressed with this little piece of magic.

I remember the days when people would carry cell phones as big as bricks in a brief case. No belt clips in those days.

Got a case on the way from here http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elansnapin/.

And got a device mount on the way from here http://www.proclipusa.com/choosecountry/choosecountry.aspx

Tomorrow I am going to try see if it will recognize my bluetooth gps even though there is no software at the moment for that device.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema
It does not display the time left or used on a recording.

Yes it actually does. You just need to tap the center of the screen and the elapsed time will display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.