Some Problems i am having with my new mac mini. please help

Reaction score
I know its long but please read it and help me out with at lease one of the problems. thanks.

I bought my mac mini. I am using a windows keyboard and not a mac keyboard. the default keyboard setting is the JAP one and i change it to USA 101,102 keys so it can work right. and it works great. But whenever i shut down my mac mini it goes back to JAP and i have to go to settings all over again. My friend told me to just not shut off the mac. Another problem i am having is.. I connect my Mac mini to my 32" lcd hdtv using a dvi to HDMI wire, whenever the screen saver comes on, or hibernate or powersaver, once i resume the screen turns purpleish and i basically have to restart computer before it get it back to normal. this is why i cant always keep my mac on. another reason why i cant shut off is because my mouse/keyboard are bluetooth and if i shut off they will un-pair and i have to connect a wired mouse to go back to bluetooth and re-pair them. can someone help me with keeping settings the way they are or even better if someone can tell me why its turning purple after screen saver? Its not the connection i checked it a million times and it only happens after screen savers. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
That's really strange. Do you have the latest updates installed?

OP
P
Reaction score
No, but still, it shouldint do all of this weird stuff. This is my first Mac and i dont want to start out thinking macs suck. I know they dont. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Download the latest updates and see if the problems persist. If it still has issues, return it and get a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Go to system preferences and make sure you have your keyboard configured first. My new mac mini gave me a purpleish screen the first time I used it. I wiggled my monitor connection and restarted and it cleared up. I also had the keyboard problem. It will ask you to hit the key to the right of the left shift key and than the key to the left of the right shift key and your done. Have you tried to reset the pram to see if this will clear it up?
shut down, than find the command-option-P-R keys and hold down while it turns on before the grey screen appears. Hold until computer restarts & you here start up sound for the second time and than let the keys go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.