Airport Extreme Selective Connections?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
I have my iMac connected to my Airport Extreme via gigabyte ethernet, and my Gateway laptop connected through the wireless connection.

The laptop however receives a 'Limited or No Connection'. But it seems that the Airport Utility shows no apparent problems?

The iMac can connect to the internet with blazing speeds with the ethernet cable, but if I try to connect using the wireless - no connection.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.1 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB Ram
On your PC have you checked the obvious? If you have a secure network, do you have the passwords correct? Under Wireless Network Connection Properties, under the tab wireless networks, is the box "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings checked"?

OP
Interstellar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh yes, the weird thing is it all happened suddenly. My Airport Extreme was blinking Amber and so I checked out the utility and it said there was one issue, an easy one I clicked repair, it said that it repaired it and now the Extreme glows Green. The iMac also cannot connect wireless

OP
Interstellar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Browsed Apple's forums and apparently there is a bug with the 7.2.1 firmware update. So if you are experiencing this problem revert back to your 7.1.1 version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.1 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB Ram
I'm using the 7.2.1 firmware. No problems. I have my iMac and PC Notebook connected remotely. So did that do the trick for you?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.