iFuntastic...need some advice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Alright so i dled the iFuntastic in order to make my own ringtones or transfer them.The application keeps giving me the connection error although its stating that i have sucessfully "unshakled the iPhone" Any advice?Or any other programs besides itunes to transfer ringtones to the phone?
Regards

Reaction score
Just use iTunes. Here u go -

http://www.macworld.com/2007/09/firstlooks/itunes_iphone_ringtones/index.php

"Finally, don’t expect to be able to make ringtones out of tracks that you’ve ripped from CDs or downloaded from other sources like eMusic or artists’ websites. According to Apple’s own Ringtone FAQ, “Songs imported from CDs cannot be used to create ringtones.” There is a workaround for this restriction, but as it takes advantage of a loophole in iTunes, there’s no guarantee that Apple won’t close it in a future version."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The latest version of iFuntastic is rather quirky. I would suggest downloading version 2.5 as that is a much more stable release and will transfer ringtones with no problem

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just use iTunes. Here u go -

http://www.macworld.com/2007/09/firstlooks/itunes_iphone_ringtones/index.php

"Finally, don’t expect to be able to make ringtones out of tracks that you’ve ripped from CDs or downloaded from other sources like eMusic or artists’ websites. According to Apple’s own Ringtone FAQ, “Songs imported from CDs cannot be used to create ringtones.” There is a workaround for this restriction, but as it takes advantage of a loophole in iTunes, there’s no guarantee that Apple won’t close it in a future version."
I have a 1/2 a terabyte worth of music so why would i dl some music from itunes that i cant make a ringtone?No offense but i have tried that method and would rather be able to browse my mobile and change the tones that i choose instead of standard or regulatory lengths.This has been a hard enough switch for me already but iTunes provides no help in this matter without you purchasing music that you already might have...
Thank you for your help in advance!

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The latest version of iFuntastic is rather quirky. I would suggest downloading version 2.5 as that is a much more stable release and will transfer ringtones with no problem

Thanks for the tip!Retrying this program as it is the most suffice app to browse files and is more user friendly than most!
Regards

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Tried downloading it and there is a no go on this version and im using a C2D as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What sort of errors are you getting? You may need to restore your phone to get rid of the effects of iFuntastic 3

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No errors just not a sufficient dl link the one from the site comes up that it cannot be opened.I have tried with 3 browsers safari,flock,and firefox and it says dl is complete but will not let me install the application.Do you have another link?or the file itself?
Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Forget about iFuntastic. Take a look at iNdependence. I just tried it out and it looks to be a lot easier and more straightforward to use.

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tells me unsupported version of itunes is found and i have the newest itunes.Can you give me the link to iFuntastic?I would rather go ahead and use it.
Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.