Weird Battery Problem

Reaction score
I've had my macbook pro for about 3 months and im really happy with it, the only thing is that for the last week im having this weird problem while charging. My battery charges normally but when it reaches 99% it stays there but still charging it doesn't change like when it gets to 100%. That means that my battery is still charging so the charger stays orange and doesn't change to green. I want to know how to fix this because I don't want my battery to overcharge and by this have a shorter battery life.

(I tried searching the forums for the answer but I didn't found it)
Hope you can help me!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Don't worry about overcharging -- there are circuits inside control the current flow into the terminals. When you've charged, the circuit blocks overcharging. I only foresee a problem if/when your circuit that controls the overcharging of the battery malfunctions or explodes.

Have you tried calibrating the battery? Also, have you updated your laptop with the latest updates from Apple (software updates)?

OP
D
Reaction score
I calibrated the battery and it's working perfectly now. Thanks for the info about overcharge...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Cool, good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.