No USB 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Okay I'm pretty upset right now. I just got a new apple keyboard for the specific reason that it has USB 2.0 ports. Only they can only be used you can only use them with the new iMac. ***?! The store page makes no mention of this requirement. Neither does the packaging or the included literature. The only place i've seen is the product site. Come on Apple a thumb drive is not a high power device.

Store.gif

Product.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just to clarify:

You can use the USB 2.0 ports with any Mac. But they will only support devices with higher power drain with the new iMac.

Camera's, harddrive with an external power supply, scanners and the like will be fine with the keyboard hookup.

OP
IronMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Yeh I know but when I cant even use it with my thumb drives... I understand that you should read before you buy... but its not even on the box what gives?

OP
IronMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Oh and it doesnt work when connected to my powerd USB hub.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 5K iMac 4ghz 32gb 4gb Graphics - Late 2011 17" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz quad i7 16gb ram
Im sure you would get a big lag in typing while using you USB ports, its got to be a good reason because the older one doesn't have USB ether.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Im sure you would get a big lag in typing while using you USB ports, its got to be a good reason because the older one doesn't have USB ether.

No, you don't get lag through a USB keyboard.

WHAT doesn't work - the thumb drive? If the thumb drive doesn't work through a powered hub then it's not the keyboard that's at fault.

Reaction score

That's weird...mine works fine...I am using the Dr.Botts T7 USB hub.
Maybe there is some problem with the hub? If not return your current keyboard with a new one and see if that helps.

kuchiki

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.