Thinking about getting a Powerbook

H

Hartmann

I am a Windows user who has been looking at the Powerbooks for some time now and I have finally pretty much decided to buy one. I am wondering how best to go about transferring my music from my current PC to the Powerbook (if it's possible) or if I should just put my music on an external hard-drive. Almost all of the music is in MP3 format (with a few OGG exceptions).

I am a programmer and I have been looking around for free/inexpensive programming tools for things like Python, PHP, and Java. Are there any that everyone recommends?

Thanks,
Stephan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Then the best thing I can think of is just use a crossover cable and send them through the cable

OP
H

Hartmann

iSheep said:
Buy an iPod: transfer them all as files. :)

I thought (from what I've read) that if the files that are on the iPod are not the computer that you are hooking the iPod up to it clears itself.

OP
I

iSheep

Hartmann said:
I thought (from what I've read) that if the files that are on the iPod are not the computer that you are hooking the iPod up to it clears itself.
When you connect iPod to iTunes it will update all the songs and playlists in iTunes. However, iPod has a the ability to store any file! You enable file transfer options and you can use it has a HDD - just drag 'n' drop like you were making a CD. You wouldn't beable to play the music on iPod, but you could quickly get them off the other end. I use my iPod for a quick storage solution occasionly.

OP
S

s_ton

I recently transfered 10+ GB of songs over the network. It didn't take much time at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.