Issue with burning downloaded avi files

Reaction score
I just purchased an IMac yesterday after years and years of Windows machines. I have always used Nero to burn dvd's with downloaded avi/divx files and they played fine on my various dvd players.
Now the Imac, I downloaded a tv show avi file and burned it with the default Apple software. I ended up with jerky playback on my dvd player. I tried the same file through Toast and still had a jerky playback. I actually tried twice through Toast with one as data and one as divx - no luck.
I am not doing any encoding - just burning downloaded files as is.
I know someone may say try different media but I have used the same discs that have played fine on all my players through windows xp and nero.
Any thoughts? Luckily I still have my older windows unit around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.0GHz CD | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD | SuperDrive | iPod 3G 20GB
I also had the same problem as you, but I was converting the Xvid/DivX files to DVD. The best program I've found so far is Burn but thats what I use to make them into a DVD movie not just a data disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.